Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science
Dutch Dutch is offline

Default "vegan" arrogance and egotism

"Glen" > wrote in message ...
> On 25/03/2012 17:39, Dutch wrote:
>>
>> > wrote
>>> On Sun, 25 Mar 2012 02:22:30 -0700, > wrote:
>>>
>>> []
>>>
>>> You believe it is.

>> No, I don't.

> *LOL*

I obviously don't, we're talking about MY opinion, and if I am the final
arbiter of anything it is that.

>> [snip elaborate fallacy]

> *LOL* You're a totally busted liar.

Nobody tells the truth all the time, nobody. Most people lie several times a
day. You're just not aware of it. Do some reading on the subject. There is
usually a perfectly sensible reason for it. In my case, I have referred to
"my kids" without stipulating that they are hypothetical ("if"), because it
would have added nothing to what I was saying. I was still simply giving my
opinion.

In any case, even if I believed that eating meat was evil at one point in
time, I kind of did because I was a vegan, that does not mean I believe it
now. In fact I don't, I WOKE UP. That's the fallacy I'm talking about. Derek
fancies himself an authority on formal fallacies yet he regularly commits
the most basic ones.