Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science
Glen Glen is offline

Default "vegan" arrogance and egotism

On 23/03/2012 17:20, Derek wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 08:56:09 -0700, George > wrote:

>> The
>> belief that one is making a meaningful reduction in animal suffering
>> merely by *not* putting animal parts in one's mouth has been
>> demonstrated to be illogical and false.

> Then, to paraphrase, "The belief that one is making a meaningful
> reduction in [pollution] merely by *not* putting [garbage] in one's
> [garbage bin] has been demonstrated to be illogical and false."
>
> I know you're a keen on recycling what you can. Are you going to stop
> recycling now? Do you think that maybe your neighbours believe you
> think you're better than them because you recycle?

He *does* think he's better. Read his post. He thinks he's better than others who don't recycle. He
measures his virtue by comparing his garbage bin to others' garbage bins. He looks down from his
moral pedestal at others who don't recycle and thinks he's better than they are because he's
reducing something he believes is bad that others don't.