Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Does it really matter? Does it really matter? is offline

Default Electric smokers

On 3/22/2012 2:36 PM, Dave Bugg wrote:
> Pico Rico wrote:
>
>> a good electric smoker would be fitting here. $350 to ???

> I have nothing but good things to say about CookShack smokers.
> http://www.cookshack.com/store/Smokers_2
>
> They are a bit more spendy than the stuff out of the big box stores, but you
> will get great results on a consistent basis, no matter the weather.

Dave, I'm across the Cascades from you and agree on the great results. I
have a lot of respect for you log burners, done a few overnight cooks
but tonight I'm going to throw a 4-6 oz. chunk of apple wood in the wood
box, set the dial for 250* and get a good night's sleep while a pork
butt does it's thing. With 800* insulation in the walls the smoker
doesn't care how cold/rainy it gets. YMMV, I don't work for Cookshack.
They are hard to find used.