Old 23-03-2012, 01:34 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
monroe, of course monroe, of course is offline

Default Brinkman single stack smoker

wrote:

Brick does use an offset, but also has a bullet smoker not unlike
the WSM except mine is gas fired. Before the burner rusted out, I
filled the water pan with sand and covered it with foil. If/when I find
a new burner (I lost my link to all kinds of round burners) I'll likely
use wadded foil instead of sand. Don't need no effing heatsink, just
a grease catcher..

I knew I'd forgotten *something* recently-thx for the clear-up. It's
funny how Qers as a group seem to hold on fast to their old unused
equipment. Taking my old ECB to the dump was like unto a funeral.

monroe(fire control DOES trump heatsinkery)