Max Hauser

Default Absinthe Revisited

"The Saint" in ...
> ... I am however interested in ordering
> absinthe off the internet for personal consumption (in my home in

Texas,USA)

If you're interested in anything at all related to this (a topic on
rec.food.drink since at least 1987, though those years are poorly captured
in popular public archives), check the major US Web site on the subject,
below, if you haven't already. As I recall it contains product reviews,
references, technical info, etc etc. I will say that I have tasted some of
these products; one has been described as expensive "Scope mouthwash,"
another as having a "Uranium-green" color -- they are rarely judged very
interesting except to wide-eyed young Americans, and they are uniformly
expensive. (I might humbly suggest instead artisanal Bourbons like Woodford
Reserve, or good single malts, they taste much better, and are much cheaper
too.)

http://www.feeverte.net/