Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science

Default Always put quotes around "vegan"

On 3/21/2012 8:40 PM, Rupert wrote:
> On Mar 21, 9:53 pm, George > wrote:

>>> A lot of people who know me better than you do don't think I'm
>>> arrogant and egotistical.

>> I'm sure a lot of people think ****wit makes perfect sense, too.

> I find that rather unlikely.

You don't know the circle of people with whom ****wit associates.
****wit has said that his associates find his bizarre, poorly founded
blabbering about philosophy and ethics to be very sensible. We know
already that ****wit's associates are as wretchedly uneducated as he is
- guys who have maintenance jobs in rural taverns or occasional work as
band roadies as ****wit has said he has don't tend to associate with
thinking people.

I /do/ know the class of people with whom you associate, because
although I didn't complete my Ph.D., I was around those people for a
long time, and some people I know who did finish the program are still
friends and acquaintances. A very common defect I've noticed among
highly educated people is they think they're the smartest people in the
room on /everything/, not just in their field of expertise. You very
plainly suffer from this defect. Another is that they think they're all
Nietzschean supermen - the normal rules don't apply to them. You appear
to me to suffer somewhat less from this second defect than other Ph.D.s
of my acquaintance, but you do suffer from it. It's hard to say which
is the more outrageously offensive defect. When someone suffers from
both, as you clearly do, the result is invariably very bad.