Old 22-03-2012, 01:31 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue
Pico Rico[_2_] Pico Rico[_2_] is offline

Default Electric smokers

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Wed, 21 Mar 2012 17:49:46 -0700, Pico Rico wrote:

recommendations/warnings please.

Young man wants an electric smoker to get started with a bit of smoking.

How much do you want to spend?

For $65 you can get a Brinkman Charcoal Gourmet which is pretty easy
to use and a good beginner setup withotu investing a lot of money in
a hobby you may not follow through with.

Good electric smokers start at around $350. Do not get the Brinkman
Electric Gourmet. Most low end electric do not work reliably,
consistently, or for very long. Many also require an "Almost
dedicated" circuit. In my first apartment I had to unplug my fridge
to use my electric smoker.

-sw

a good electric smoker would be fitting here. $350 to ???