Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] djs0302@aol.com is offline

Default Strong egg taste in cheese cake

On Mar 21, 6:10*am, Wang Xu > wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have tried to make three cheese cakes in electirc oven. The problem
> is *that there is very strong egg taste in the edge of the cake, while
> there does not exist the taste in the middle of the cake. I used water
> bath and some cornstrach.
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Xu

It's odd that the edges would taste eggy but the center doesn't. Did
you chill the cheesecake thoroughly and completely before tasting it?
I know from experience that some egg based desserts have an eggy taste
to them that lingers until the item has had a chance to completely
cool off. If I make a chess pie I won't eat it until the next day
because to me it tastes too eggy that first day. The next day,
however, you can't taste the egg. The same thing holds true when I
make an angel food cake.