Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,alt.food.vegan

Default Jonathan Ball, nomination for Order of the Holey Sockpuppet (Is Benfez Jonathan Ball?)

On 5/22/2004 11:46 AM, wrote:

>> nonsensical

>> though

>>> Explain why a breeder cow living in open pasture, doesn't
>>> benefit more than a battery hen.

>> Explain just how you measure, in an objective sense, any "benefit" that
>> you claim.
>>
>> Laurie

> Some benefits the cow's environment has over that of the hen:
>
> 1. fresh air
> 2. freedom of greater body motion
> 3. freedom to wander and change location
> 4. experience of raising young

Ha ha ha ha ha! Bossy the cow doesn't look back as she's about to be
slaughtered and think, "Well, at least I got to give birth to some
calves, so life wasn't so bad."

You stupid ****, ****wit.

> 5. greater visual experiences
> 6. longer life
> 7. opportunity to enjoy satisfaction of more desires

<yawn> None of those matter if the cow never exists in the first place.

> Can you think of any more? No, you can't. In fact, your job now
> will be to show why those benefits are not benefits.

"getting to experience life" is not a benefit at all.