MH

Default Brandy rec for liqueur-making?

"Evan" > wrote in message
om...
> This weekend my housemate and I are going to try some homemade
> liqueur-making. The stuff I'm starting with will be mostly citrus
> liqueurs or citrus-flavored (undiluted/unsweetend) vodkas.
>
> In addition to some clear vodka-based recipes cut with plenty of
> simple syrup, I want to try to make a more intense, Grand Marnier-like
> brandy-based liqueur.
>
> However, I know next to nothing about brandy. Obviously I don't want
> to spend top dollar for an experimental recipe, but I don't want to
> cut it too cheap either lest the product be doomed from the start.
> :-)
>
> So, what brandies would you suggest for an upstart homemade liqueur
> hobbyist?
>
> Thanks and cheers,

I make apple brandy quite often. I just buy something at Trader Joe's. It
turns out great. I place the sliced apples in a large glass jar with the
brandy and let them sit for 2 months. Then, I strain it and add 1 cup
water/1 cup sugar heated and mixed. I let that sit anothre 2 months.

It's awesome!

Martha