Richard Hurwitz

Default are shaker cups washed?

I'm not a pro bartender, but I've watched dozens of them shake my
martinis. Sometimes they do a quick rinse. I think the bartenders have
a special solution for rinsing, or maybe it's just fresh water. You
need to get rid of the flavors of the gin botanicals before you shake a
vodka, and vice versa. A quick rinse is enough to do it. I wouldn't
worry about germs. Alcohol---