Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Curry?

On 20/03/2012 12:26 PM, KenK wrote:
> I've often heard of curry and would like to try it. Can anyone provide a
> simple recipe (ideally for one) or perhaps an authentic-tasting prepared
> product?
>
> I'd prefer not to try it in a restaurant. Not sure there is an Indian
> restaurant here, and even if so I'd hate to leave an expensive restaurant
> meal unfinished if I didn't like it.
>
> Thoughts?

It wouldn't cost much more to tr a curry dish in a Indian restaurant
than it would to by the meat, curry (powder or paste) and make
something at home. You have the added benefit of (hopefully) having a
professionally made dish that should be better than you are likely to
make for yourself.

Curry, BTW, is a generic term for a combination of herbs and spices.
There are different curries form different regions and for different
meats and vegetables. They are not all hot.