Posted to rec.food.cooking
Helpful person Helpful person is offline

Default Curry?

On Mar 20, 12:26*pm, KenK > wrote:
> I've often heard of curry and would like to try it. Can anyone provide a
> simple recipe (ideally for one) or perhaps an authentic-tasting prepared
> product?
>
> I'd prefer not to try it in a restaurant. Not sure there is an Indian
> restaurant here, and even if so I'd hate to leave an expensive restaurant
> meal unfinished if I didn't like it.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> TIA
>
> --
> "Experience is something you don't get until
> just after you need it." Steven Wright

Curry is actually plant whose leaves are used as a spice. However,
the term has come to mean any dish that uses a combination of spices.
As someone else mentioned, your term "curry" is too vague, like asking
for a good soup or meat recipe. I would suggest checking out some of
the books by Madhur Jaffrey.

http://www.richardfisher.com