Beverage

Default Bourbon/Whiskey opinions please

I realize that most drinks' "quality," like any product, depends on the
individual. I have found many reviews, and even some sites like
Epinions, but I still want more personal opinions (not based on
popularity). Please give your opinions and express if any products from
your experience are more hype than value:

Besides Jim Beam (white label), what are decent bourbons under $15?
*With ice/possibly mixed and intended for weekends.
---------

Better bargains (quality/price) and why:
Maker's Mark vs. Knob Creek?
George Dickel #8/#12 (is the difference worth it?) vs. Jack Daniels #7?
*Maybe ice/no mixers and intended for occasional consumption.
---------

I've heard that some bourbons/whiskeys have the same "mash bill," or
combination of ingredients/aging/etc., which may make some brands
virtually identical or very similar. Anyone with knowledge to offer a
comparison list?