Bromo

Default Help please. Single Malt Whiskey recommendations?

On 2/6/04 10:56 PM, in article
, "John
Doe" > wrote:

> Hello. I'm looking into buying a bottle of single malt whiskey for my
> professor before leaving grad school.
>
> However, being a teetotaler myself, I'm at a loss as to what to purchase.
> I'm fishing for some suggestions as to what to buy and where. I am
> willing to spend $100-$150 on a bottle.
>
> Should I purchase a single bottle or several different brands for
> comparison? All I know is that he likes single malt whiskey and that he
> doesn't spend over $20 for a bottle of wine (says he can't taste the
> difference). But, wine and whiskey are probably different.
>
> Any suggestions would be truly appreciated. Thanks!

If he is a single malt drinker - this could be a minefield - best to figure
out what kind of malt he prefers. If you can't do that, then you can try to
give him a good impress-the-crowd standby like a reserve 25 or 30y Macallan
which would probably be received well by any single malt drinker even if
they didn't prefer the Speyside taste.