Max Hauser

Default i love food

"antoinette" wrote in
om...
> hey every 1
>
> i love food !!!!!! myfavourite food is pizza, chicken, chips and mc

donalds !!

> bye

Welcome, Antoinette. (It's gratifying, by the way, to see that the run of
traffic on R.F.D is roughly unchanged from15 years ago, with allowances of
course for the Eternal September, which Antoinette's posting quite
harmlessly and freshly illustrates). Where there is life there is hope.

20+ years ago we had so much trouble getting traffic on this newsgroup
(technically its predecessor, net.wines, though R.F.D took over just
slightly later) that Steve Pope and I had to "seed" it with articles in
order to keep it from going stagnant. And to fight off the periodic
invasions of the divisor-newbies who, like hostile biological viruses
invading an unfamiliar cell, read the group just long enough to propose
splitting it up into fragments at their whim, a deadly disease that
progressed more on some newsgroups than others. Now of course they form
their own Web sites instead, and thanks to the innovation of numerical
scores -- long preceded in popularity by this newsgroup -- everyone is an
instant expert on wine.

Oh yes, Antoinette: "La découverte d'un mets nouveau fait plus pour le
bonheur du genre humain que la découverte d'une étoile." (J.-A. de
Brillat-Savarin, who actually knew your namesake, the famous one, the
Austrian one.) Pray keep an open mind.

Gesundheit! -- Max

"Shit! Kein Zucker." -- current kiosk ads for Diet Sprite (tm) in Austria