PC Consumer

Default Homemade Amaretto?

Hello,
I want to make an almond liqueur, mainly for savings. After considering
the proper ingredients, does the cost make it more reasonable to get
DiSaronno (about $22)?

Top Secret Recipes' web site says that this is a mock recipe for DiSaronno:
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
3/4 cup very hot water
1/2 cup corn syrup
1 1/2 cups 80-proof vodka
1 tablespoon almond extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Can I substitute granulated and brown sugar with pure maple syrup? If
so, how much maple syrup?

What is the best bargain vodka? Some people argue that cheap vodka can
be just as good as some of the more expensive mid-priced ones. What is
an economical vodka suitable for making this liqueur?

Is it ok to add more vodka to increase the proof?