Default Wild Turkey 101-proof Rye

In rec.food.cooking Rick & Cyndi > wrote:

> Now, even though I know they're different, my comment to people
> trying M.M. for the first time is: If you *like* Jack Daniel's,
> you'll *love* Maker's Mark. To me, YMMV, M.M. is a lot smoother
> than both Jack D. and Wild Turkey.

Yep. Not much of a comparison, even.

Wild Turkey is in the same category as Jim Beam. For cheap Bourbon, I
think George Dickel has got them both beat.

Makers Mark is fine, but not really anything special. It is a good, well
made midline Bourbon. The real advangtage is that it is widely
distributed, so even when a bar or restaurant has no good bourbons, they
often have Makers Mark, which is plenty good enough.

My favorite these days is Woodford's Reserve. It is reasonably priced,
smooth, and tasty.

Jim Beam's fancy bottled stuff, like Booker's, has never impressed me.

--
....I'm an air-conditioned gypsy...

- The Who