Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural
Rupert Rupert is offline

Default What to eat

On Mar 13, 8:09*pm, dh@. wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Mar 2012 22:50:40 -0800 (PST), Rupert >
> wrote:
>

> >On Mar 8, 10:32*pm, dh@. wrote:

> >> * * I did.

> >No. The definition you offered obviously conveys no information.

> * * That's a lie.

It's not. I sincerely believe it to be true, so it's not a lie. And
you obviously haven't got any rational grounds for thinking that I
don't sincerely believe it to be true. You shouldn't accuse people of
lying when you have no rational grounds for doing so. It's unethical.

> I even later pointed out some of the specific information it
> conveys, but apparently you are incapable of comprehending.

Try again. What information does it convey?

> >It really is quite tragic that you cannot grasp this.

> >> You couldn't comprehend.

> >Because the definition is meaningless and conveys no information.

> * * That has been a lie evey time you've told it, and will continue to be a lie
> every time you tell it.

See above.

> >> You can't figure it out on your own either,
> >> or at least so far you haven't been able to.

> >It's not a question of "figuring anything out".

> * * Yes it is. I figured it out for myself, but you can't.
> . . .

You should pay attention to the part that you snipped.

> >Well, at one point I was talking about the idea of the outcome being
> >better, but you reject that notion,

> * * You have to say what you want us to feel it's better FOR for one thing, and
> also better compared to what.
>
> >so that's obviously not what you
> >had in mind.

> >As I say, it's your job to specify what you have in mind when you use
> >the phrase.

> * * I did tell you. What did I tell you doc, do you have any clue at all?

What you have said by way of trying to explain what you have in mind
conveys no information whatsoever.