Posted to rec.food.cooking
ImStillMags ImStillMags is offline
Banned

Default Spaghetti aglio e olio (garlic and oil spaghetti)

On Mar 14, 5:31*am, "ViLco" > wrote:
> I had them for a lifetime in thousands of occasions, bioth cooked by me or
> by someone else. As I boy I found this pasta dressing as missing something,
> in fact oil and garlic is the staring point of many pasta dressings, then I
> started liking it, expecially as I started loving hot peppers and this dish
> is perfect to enjoy a hot pepper with all its taste.
> But garlic and hot pepper have always been cooked, until a chef from Sanremo
> told me to try it uncooked. What an improvement it is! So now I always make
> it "a crudo", which means uncooked.
> For each serving put 2 tablespoons of EVO oil in a dish, add the garlic and
> the minced or cracked hot pepper and let rest for one hour. I tried longer
> times up to 3 hours but the result didn't change much. Before using it I
> sometimes remove the garlic, if I have someone garlic sansible. When the
> pasta is cooked, drain it and dress it with the oil taking care that the hot
> pepper come with it, pure and simple heaven for pasta, garlic and pepper
> lovers.

I've never made it with just raw garlic. My favorite recipe uses
both cooked garlic and "raw" garlic. I use black pepper and have
never tried hot pepper with it. I'll have to try your methodology.

here's mine:

http://hizzoners.com/recipes/pastas/...e-oil-a-garlic