Posted to rec.food.cooking
ViLco ViLco is offline

Default Spaghetti aglio e olio (garlic and oil spaghetti)

I had them for a lifetime in thousands of occasions, bioth cooked by me or
by someone else. As I boy I found this pasta dressing as missing something,
in fact oil and garlic is the staring point of many pasta dressings, then I
started liking it, expecially as I started loving hot peppers and this dish
is perfect to enjoy a hot pepper with all its taste.
But garlic and hot pepper have always been cooked, until a chef from Sanremo
told me to try it uncooked. What an improvement it is! So now I always make
it "a crudo", which means uncooked.
For each serving put 2 tablespoons of EVO oil in a dish, add the garlic and
the minced or cracked hot pepper and let rest for one hour. I tried longer
times up to 3 hours but the result didn't change much. Before using it I
sometimes remove the garlic, if I have someone garlic sansible. When the
pasta is cooked, drain it and dress it with the oil taking care that the hot
pepper come with it, pure and simple heaven for pasta, garlic and pepper
lovers.