Posted to rec.arts.tv,rec.food.restaurants
Professor Bubba Professor Bubba is offline

Default Chain Letter

In article
David > wrote:

> On Mar 13, 11:43*pm, Tony Calguire > wrote:
> > Professor Bubba > wrote
> > d:
> >

> > > I'd never heard of this woman or her review until about twenty minutes
> > > ago. *Finding it online was trivial. *Jesus, *this* is what people are
> > > talking about? *This reads exactly the same as dozens of restaurant
> > > reviews I've seen in the small local paper here. *It's strictly by the
> > > numbers. *From all the buzz, I'd thought the reviewer had gone off on
> > > Olive Garden in some cranky way not inconsistent with the reviewer
> > > being 85 years old.

> > It's funny because she's describing things the rest of the world knew 20
> > years ago. *Imagine if she wrote about Macdonalds as if it were that new
> > Scottish place in town.

> Wait until they bring back the McRib.

She may be describing things about the Olive Garden that the rest of
the world knew twenty years ago, but what I'm saying is that what she
wrote, and the way she wrote it, is typical for a small-town paper.
They write the same way about every restaurant, chain or not. There's
nothing remarkable about this review at all.