Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet Bostwick Janet Bostwick is offline

Default Coffe makers

On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 15:06:46 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
snip

>My wife mentioned that she'd like to have something other that what
>she now uses. Faster and easier to pour without spilling. Personally,
>I have a cup of tea instead.

I use a manual, glass Mellita coffee carafe. I grind the beans in a
grinder. Fill the tea kettle with water. I measure coffee grounds
into the cone that holds a paper filter over the carafe. When the tea
kettle is just about to whistle, I pour the water over the grounds.
I have never liked the coffee from machines that brew automatically.
There is no dripping with my Mellita. All parts can go into the dish
washer. I'm pretty sure the pot costs less that $20. I don't know
for sure as I have stock piled several in case of breakage. I suppose
some day when I am older and don't want to fuss I might go to
pre-ground coffee in an automatic machine. Probably though I will
give up coffee first.
Janet US