Posted to rec.food.cooking
Julian Macassey Julian Macassey is offline

Default Coffe makers

On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 15:06:46 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
> I know this comes up from time to time, but what are your feelings
> about coffee makers these days? French press still seems to be a
> favorite, but what about the high end drips?
>
> Technivorm seems to have better ratings than most, but is approaching
> $300. It is made in the Netherlands though, a big plus.
> http://www.wholelattelove.com/Techni...orm_thermo.cfm
>
> Most every other brand has some good ratings, but also some really
> bad ones from people with terrible experiences.

A friend has the Technivorm, an excellent machine. I have
the Krups which at about $100 makes great coffee into a thermal
carafe.

For a fast and perfect cup of course the cafe presse is
the way to go. That is what I use for a single cup.

> Mr. Coffee and Black & Decker still have $19.95 models that sell by
> the millions. Are they worth it?

They are not worth the bother.

--
This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with
Negroes, entertainers, and any others. - Harry J. Anslinger