Peter H.M. Brooks

Default Pukka mealtimes

"Javi" > wrote in message
> The carbon unit using the name Peter H.M. Brooks > in
> gave utterance as follows:
> >>

> > Maybe. The study showed that siestas tended to reduce life
> > expectency.

> Do not believe everything you read. The fact is that life expectAncy in
> Spain is among the highest in the world; I cannot remember exactly, but

I'd
> say that it ranks inmediatly below Japan for women and not far for men.

Not quite! Greek and Italian life expetancy is higher. All three countries
share a similar diet, but Spain has the longest siestas. I'm not sure why
the Turks don't live so long though...

> > I suppose that, if enough thought were put to the matter,
> > with hydraulic beds that gently lever you into a vertical position
> > over the final ten minutes of your kip this might be addressed that
> > way. It seems that we haven't evolved for long siestaring

> We? Who is "we"? We have a long tradition of siesting, and reaching eighty
> something years old is not rare in my family. Maybe I'm of a different
> species: homo siestans.
>
> Now, seriously, sleeping for a long time (more than an hour) in the
> afternoon seems to be not good, but a short siesta (around half an hour)

is
> a great thing.

My idea of perfection is probably a ten minute siestaette at lunch time,
then another ten minute siestaette at afternoon tea time.

--
'They.. sucked the Tobacco smoak in greedily, swallow it down with the
Water. For which reason..generally at..the first Pipe in the Morning, they