Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural

Default What to eat

On 3/8/2012 12:32 AM, Rupert, in his lazy passivity, wrote:

> As I say I am always happy to listen to constructive suggestions for
> how I could further reduce the harm caused by my diet,

But you're not willing to spend one minute doing the research yourself.
As with all "animal rights passivists", you expect someone else to try
to salvage your bankrupt belief system for you.

And:

> I never made any claims similar to the ones Glen is making. I have
> always taken the position that I am just trying to do the best I
> reasonably can to reduce the amount of suffering and premature death
> required to produce my diet.

But you don't. "Doing the best you can" implies *doing* something, but
the only thing you have blabbered about is what you're *not* doing:
putting animal bits in your mouth.

What you /could/ do is spend a little time trying to research the
numbers of animals killed per unit of yield for various types of
vegetable produce. But you just throw up your hands and shriek,
"There's no data", and that's the end of it.

In science, those credited with spectacular breakthroughs often talk
about standing on the shoulders of giants who did earlier, often unsung
work. If some "vegan" ever does come up with an extensive set of
numbers, it will be no thanks to the efforts of any midgets like you.