Peter H.M. Brooks

Default Pukka mealtimes

"Javi" > wrote in message
> The carbon unit using the name David Wilkinson > in
> gave utterance as follows:
>

> It is common knowledge here in Spain that olive oil do not burn as easily

as
> seed oils, but, really, I don't know. I'll try to find out and tell you

all.

Actually it depends rather on the sort of olive oil. Highly refined (pure
yellow) olive oil does have a high smoke point. Extra Virgin Olive Oil,
since it contains many 'ímpurities' has a much lower smoke point and is
quite unsuitable for deep frying.

--
Middle age is when you're sitting at home on a Saturday night and the
telephone rings and you hope that it isn't for you - 'It takes all sorts'