Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science

Default The 'vegan' shuffle

On 3/8/2012 12:17 AM, Rupert wrote:
> On Mar 7, 6:44 pm, George > wrote:

>>> I see.

>> Heh heh heh...no, I don't think you do, Woopert.
>>

> Yes, actually, I must confess I am a bit puzzled as to what your point
> is.

Then why did you write "I see", Woopert, when quite clearly and by your
own admission you *don't* see?

Uh-oh! You're not starting to have another "episode", are you, Woopert?

>>> Here is a discussion of the potential effect of climate change on the
>>> Pacific Islands.

>>> http://www.unescap.org/mced2000/paci...nd/climate.htm

>>> In your opinion, assuming this comes to pass, will rights violations
>>> have occurred? Why or why not?

>> No, because they can be relocated.
>>

> Do you find it plausible that no premature deaths will take place?

Yes, eminently so.

Why do they have hundreds of hours to waste on trying to argue about how
many dead field animals can dance on the blades of a combine, Woopert,
but they can't spend *ONE ****ING MINUTE* trying to figure out how to
determine the least-harm "vegan" diet from among all such diets?

>>> Have you got some evidence that veganism is not "least harm"?

>> You've never made the case that it is. As noted, there is an infinite
>> number of "vegan" diets, and they can't *all* be least harm.
>>

> Actually, that is theoretically possible

No. We know that different crops cause different numbers of animal
deaths per kcal, and so if two "vegan" diets are identical except that
one contains a higher CD food than the other, then by definition they
cause different amounts of harm.

You ****wit.

And you have never given any practical suggestions for how to determine
the least-harm "vegan" diet from among all such diets. It's because you
don't care about reducing animal harm - not really. *All* you care
about is assuming a sanctimonious moral pose by not putting animal bits
in your mouth.

>>> What evidence do you have that these diets are lower in harm than many
>>> vegan diets?

>> The grass-fed beef, wild-caught fish and gathered wild nuts and fruits
>> cause zero CDs.

> The challenge was for you to name a diet containing animal flesh that
> caused less harm than many vegan diets, so gathered wild nuts and
> fruits don't count.

Of course they count, you ****wit, because I never proposed a meat-only
diet.