Reid©

Default Pukka mealtimes

Following up to Javi

>> and the fried fish in Seville is possibly the best in the world.
>> "Kiosk de los flores" by the bridge to Trianna for example,

>I know that, I've been there. We write it "Quiosco" or "Kiosco".

that's it, thanks!

>> where
>> they serve fried fish on paper without a stain of oil.

>Frituras are even better in Cádiz, where you can eat them at the seaside;
>marinated fish ("adobo") and fish's roe is great. Those shops are usually
>called "freidurías".

Cadiz is one of my favourite paces, we like to go to a fish
restaurant by the beach. (Mariscos La Marea, Paseo Maritimo 1),
Also "El Faro", then there are the tortillitas and those tiny
shrimps :-)
I find fish roe a bit rich but Cazon adobo is a favourite of
mine.

What part of Spain are you from?

>> try that
>> in a chippy!

>??? "Chippy" is not in my dictionaries as a noun. Is that a chip 'n fish
>shop?

Yes, "fish and chip shop", (no 'n, thats an americanism although
you will see it in UK). can be a "chippy" or a "chip shop".
--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso