Peter H.M. Brooks

Default Pukka mealtimes

"Reidİ" > wrote in message
> Following up to Peter H.M. Brooks
>
> >> In the real world outside ng's for most people 8 isn't a "tiny"
> >> dinner party.
> >>

> >You aren't suggesting that I'm living in an unreal world are you?

> this is an unreal world.

What do you mean by 'unreal'? It seems pretty real to me.

> >> With the dry sherry in a cooler, place bottles and glasses on a
> >> table and tell the guests to help themselves, there is usually
> >> someone willing to do the job amongst the guests anyway. It gets
> >> them taking to one another and helps to destroy any potential
> >> atmosphere of formality.
> >>

> >You can do that, but there's often some girlie who wants a medium sherry,

so
> >you have to provide it and label it so that no normal person has to gag

on
> >the dreadful stuff.

> or some boylie? Why not provide good sherry across the range? A
> Palo Cordato would be nice, just avoid "cream" IMHO.

Tio Pepe is very nice, though these days, being in Cape Town, I usually have
South African sherries, which are very good indeed.

--
"Wherever tyranny has ruled, it has been with this insidious claim that the
status quo must not be questioned," - Bantu Holomisa