Reidİ

Default Pukka mealtimes

Following up to Robert Bannister

>There are two sorts of omelette. There is the light, fluffy kind,
>preferably made with just eggs and no filling - the best ones I've had
>were in Belgium. Then there are omelettes with lots of filling: Spanish
>omelette, Bauernfrühstück, etc., which are not cooked in the same way
>and for which olive oil is perfect.

I think its worth saying that the only similarity between a
spanish tortilla and a french omelette is egg. IMHO "filling"
isn't the right word for a tortilla, the potato being integral.

As you say olive oil is fine for both frying and deep frying. The
use of butter for a french omelette is presumably for the taste,
as its not a high temperature process, whereas the tortilla
requires raising the olive oil to smoke point.
--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso