Peter H.M. Brooks

Default Pukka mealtimes

"Robert Bannister" > wrote in message
> Peter H.M. Brooks wrote:
>
> > The post-pub curry is a late supper. If it is a very late opening pub

then
> > it might be a Midnight Feast.

> Back in the 60s, I knew a curry shop in Bethnal Green that served very
> hot and quite horrible curries till 2 am. This was more an
> on-the-way-home snack.

In my youth there was a late night horror known as Twiggies Pie Cart. You
could order a number of exotic dishes to stimulate the palate you could
specify that 'hotters' were added. The pies were all at least a day old. If
you made the mistake of dining there (for, at that time of night everything
else was closed) you learned, early in life, quite what the combination of a
bad hangover and heart burn felt like.

--
"Wherever tyranny has ruled, it has been with this insidious claim that the
status quo must not be questioned," - Bantu Holomisa