mb

Default Pukka mealtimes

"Peter H.M. Brooks" > wrote
> > Depends on how suddenly you make it happen probably.
> >

> Maybe. The study showed that siestas tended to reduce life expectency. I
> suppose that, if enough thought were put to the matter, with hydraulic beds
> that gently lever you into a vertical position over the final ten minutes of
> your kip this might be addressed that way. It seems that we haven't evolved
> for long siestaring - it makes sense, even with the Aquatic Ape theory a
> siestaring pre-hominoid would present a very easy snack for a crocodile or
> shark [though sharks, strangely, don't seem to like the taste of people
> much].

Biological evolution is no more a deciding factor when discussing
civilized life. Siestaring is like language, one's got to be born into
the culture; late learning isn't very likely to be perfect. The study
wasn't at all designed and balanced for that. Missing the noon nap and
the late night life definitely shortens life if you're a born siester.
Watch for my obit.