Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN: Alsace and Burgundy

On Tuesday, March 6, 2012 2:52:12 AM UTC-5, Mark Lipton wrote:
> DaleW wrote:
>
> > With a soup (not what we thought we were thawing, apparently squash
> > with curry) and artichokes with a curry mayonnaise, the 2002 Trimbach
> > "Cuvee Frederic Emile" Riesling. Young but giving, apple and lemony
> > citrus fruit with a spine of acid, minerally finish, very good
> > length. Very nice wine. B+/A-

> That's good to hear, Dale, as I believe that I recently acquired some of
> this wine (Crush or Envoyer, I forget which, had it for a very
> attractive price). Are you planning on giving yours more age, assuming
> that you have more of it?
>
> As an aside, I have steadfastly avoided buying much '09 Burgundy, both
> because of pricing and because of the merits of both years surrounding
> it ('08 and '10). It's interesting to read others' notes about the
> wines, though. As I have no experience with Bertagna, do you think that
> the "International" character of the wine is due to the producer or the
> year?
>
> Mark Lipton

I have another 5 or so 02 CFEs, I think it will age well.

As to the Bertagna, it seemed more a case of oak and extraction than ripeness, so I'd guess producer. I don't usually buy Burgs from producers not on my short list, but it was $15 for a Chambolle from a more expensive than usual year, so I took a chance on a couple.