Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science

Default The 'vegan' shuffle

On 3/6/2012 4:47 AM, Glen wrote:
> On 06/03/2012 04:01, George Plimpton wrote:

>>> So that means a lot to me. I don't want to kill farm animals. The
>>> surest way to stop killing them is to stop eating them.

>> So, if you kill animals and leave the corpses in the field to rot,

> I don't kill them.

You share moral responsibility for the deaths. You are complicit. You
are guilty - not in rational dispute.

>>> No.

>> So, why do you keep killing mice?

> I don't.

You do, "glen" my boy. See above.

>>> Yes he does but he won't admit it.

>> I do admit it.

> No you don't.

I do.

> You said that meat eating doesn't cause them
> because they're dead already - killed by someone else.

I was ****ing with your tiny brain, "glen" my boy. I was engaging, for
rhetorical effect, in the same bullshit sophistry you do.

The reality, "glen" my boy, is that *everyone* causes harm to animals -
and humans - merely by existing and consuming.

>>> He even refuses to admit the deaths of the animals he eats.

>> Bullshit. Of course I admit them. What about it?

> They're dead before you eat them and you believe that
> takes away your guilt. You won't admit that you killed
> them and that you're to blame.

I do admit it, of course. I was using your own illogic on you to
illustrate a point. The animals killed in the course of producing your
vegetables are just as dead as the animals I eat. The only difference
is in the disposition of the corpses.

>>> "By the way, "eating" meat doesn't cause any deaths of
>>> animals - the meat is already dead." - George

>> That's correct: the *eating* doesn't cause the deaths. The meat is
>> already dead long before I buy it.

> Then the eating of vegetables doesn't cause any deaths. The
> animals are already dead long before I buy my food. You said
> it.

It was a rhetorical stunt, "glen" my boy, employed to illustrate the
absurdity of your claim.

It is a *fact*, "glen" my boy: we both cause the deaths of animals by
our consumption choices, you every bit as much as I.

>>> But you *ARE* guilty.

>> So are you.

> No. You are.

So are you, "glen" my boy.

>>> You can't escape that guilt.

>> Neither can you.

> I don't have any guilt to escape from.

Of course you have, "glen" my boy.

>> The difference is, omnivores admit theirs.

> No they/you say that the animals are dead already before they eat
> them.

See above, "glen" my boy.

>> "vegans" fatuously try to deny theirs, so they can continue to propagate the
>> fiction that they lead "cruelty-free" lives.

> There's nothing to deny. Vegans don't kill them.

You share in the moral responsibility for their deaths, "glen" my boy.

>>> No it isn't.

>> It is. Animals die in vegetable production.
>>
>> http://www.tndeer.com/tndeertalk/ubb...156&page=32 0
>>

> Yes they do occasionally die but not in the numbers I've seen
> reported here.

Oooooohhhhhhh! So, animals *do* die in the course of producing the
foods you eat! What took you so long, "glen" my boy?

>>> There's a plausible chance that some animals die in crop fields.

>> It is a certainty.

> No that's not true.

It is true, "glen" my boy.

>>> It's not a fact that all vegetable production kills animals.

>> It is a fact that vegetable production kills animals,

> I've never denied that they occasionally die.

Yes, you did, "glen" my boy. It was a lie.

You're done, and you know it. You know that your moral pose is
destroyed. You can't maintain it. You know it's bullshit, "glen" my boy.