Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Alsace and Burgundy

DaleW wrote:

> With a soup (not what we thought we were thawing, apparently squash
> with curry) and artichokes with a curry mayonnaise, the 2002 Trimbach
> "Cuvee Frederic Emile" Riesling. Young but giving, apple and lemony
> citrus fruit with a spine of acid, minerally finish, very good
> length. Very nice wine. B+/A-

That's good to hear, Dale, as I believe that I recently acquired some of
this wine (Crush or Envoyer, I forget which, had it for a very
attractive price). Are you planning on giving yours more age, assuming
that you have more of it?

As an aside, I have steadfastly avoided buying much '09 Burgundy, both
because of pricing and because of the merits of both years surrounding
it ('08 and '10). It's interesting to read others' notes about the
wines, though. As I have no experience with Bertagna, do you think that
the "International" character of the wine is due to the producer or the
year?

Mark Lipton