Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science
Glen Glen is offline

Default The 'vegan' shuffle

On 05/03/2012 15:42, George Plimpton wrote:
> On 3/4/2012 9:43 PM, Rupert wrote:

snip

>> I don't believe that I have any way of knowing how the number of
>> premature deaths caused per calorically equivalent serving of tofu
>> compares with that for grass-fed beef or wild-caught fish.

> You know, intuitively and based on plausibility, that raising the
> vegetable crops you would have to substitute in order to get equivalent
> nutrition causes multiple CDs,and that 100% grass-fed beef or
> wild-caught fish causes none.

Eating meat causes the death of animals. There's no getting away
from that fact until you stop eating meat and go vegan. There's
only a small chance that animals were killed to produce my food.
You don't want to acknowledge the huge difference between fact
and plausibility because you want to make vegans feel as guilty
as you do for all the pain, misery and death on your plate.