Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science

Default The 'vegan' shuffle

On 3/2/2012 9:35 AM, Rupert wrote:
> On 2 Mrz., 16:43, George > wrote:

>>> You keep on making this claim over and over again, just as you have
>>> for at least six years, but when challenged to provide actual evidence
>>> for it you are unable to provide any.

>> ****wit doesn't have any evidence, of course, but for certain there is a
>> strong logical case to be made. What do you think the number of deaths
>> caused raising one grass-fed steer might be? How many deaths can
>> plausibly be attributed to the farming of one hectare of rice in a wet
>> paddy?
>>

> I don't have any idea about the answers to either of those questions,
> and I was talking about soya-based products, not rice.

But you certainly ought to be able to think in terms of what's plausible
and seems to make sense, can't you? Oh, wait - maybe not.

**** off.

> But I also don't have any idea about what could be said about
> calorically equivalent servings of beef and rice, either.

You ought to have. If you don't, you're trying not to have any idea.

>> Now I get the pleasure once again of telling you what you do and don't
>> believe, because I know: you do not believe that the rice causes fewer
>> CDs than the beef.

> No, I don't. I lack a belief one way or the other, because I have no
> evidence one way or the other.

No, that's false. You do not lack any belief one way or another. We
know this because you have already said you know that vegetable
agriculture kills animals. You have *some* sense as to what might be a
plausible number of animals killed for different types of agriculture.

> (I assume you're talking about fully grass-fed beef, by the way, the
> cattle are put out to pasture the whole year round. Yes?)

Obviously.

> In any case I never said anything about rice. I was talking about
> tofu.

Fine.

>> You just don't believe it, and we all know you don't
>> believe it.

> I don't have any opinion one way or the other, because I don't have
> sufficient information.

That's false. You have information on what might be plausible numbers.