> >>>> On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 09:37:37 -0800 (PST), >
> >>>> wrote:

>
> >>>>> On Feb 27, 6:22 pm, dh@. wrote:
> >>>>>> On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 19:39:12 -0500, >
> >>>>>> wrote:

>
> >>>>>>> My favorite food used to be chicken. *recently, while I was preparing
> >>>>>>> chicken for my family, I had an epiphany.

>
> >>>>>>> I was handling the chicken parts with great caution. *I had vinyl gloves
> >>>>>>> on, and I was working hard to keep the process sanitary. *I am aware of
> >>>>>>> how unclean chicken meat generally is.

>
> >>>>>>> It suddenly struck me: *"If I believe this has to be handled like toxic
> >>>>>>> waste, why am I feeding it to my family!?"

>
> >>>>>> * * *It's not that way with "meat". It's that way with *some* meat. Notice that
> >>>>>> it's that way with meat from omnivores, which we are. So it makes sense that
> >>>>>> there is a danger of exchanging microbes that can thrive in the bodies of
> >>>>>> omnivores if you eat the bodies of omnivores without doing something to kill
> >>>>>> those particular microbes. Notice that it's a danger in pork and chicken which
> >>>>>> are both omnivores, and not in beef and fish because their systems are too
> >>>>>> different. But the good part is that if you kill the microbes which is simple
> >>>>>> enough, then the meat is good for you and your family.

>
> >>>>>>> It hit me like a bolt of lightning: *I believe that meat is unwholesome,
> >>>>>>> so why am I still eating it, and serving it to others!?

>
> >>>>>> * * *Just make sure you kill the microbes which also results in better tasting
> >>>>>> meat. No one likes rare chicken, and though rare pork tastes awesome it can make
> >>>>>> a person horribly sick. So cook it.

>
> >>>>>>> I have always hated the cruelty that "food animals" were subjected to.
> >>>>>>> I had to not think about it, to be able to eat meat at all. *Well, I am
> >>>>>>> thinking about it now, and it makes the thought of meat even more repugnant.

>
> >>>>>> * * *Broiler chickens and their parents are not kept in little cages and the vast
> >>>>>> majority of them get to enjoy lives of positive value, imo. The same is true of
> >>>>>> cage free laying hens in general so if you buy cage free eggs you are supporting
> >>>>>> a system which deliberately tries to provide lives of positive value for laying
> >>>>>> hens. There's reason to feel good about doing that, not reason to feel bad about
> >>>>>> it. There's reason to feel bad about buying battery cage eggs though especially
> >>>>>> if you could get cage free simply by spending more money. Not only does buying
> >>>>>> cage free eggs and whatever other animal friendly products deliberately
> >>>>>> contribute to lives of positive value for livestock animals, but it also puts
> >>>>>> you in the position of deliberately contributing to a more considerate type of
> >>>>>> society and thinking in general. Notice that it's a level of consideration and
> >>>>>> participation that eliminationists do NOT want other people to intentionally
> >>>>>> rise to because it works AGAINST their selfish and lowly elimination objective.

>
> >>>>>>> OK! *The solution seems simple: *vegetarianism.

>
> >>>>>> * *· Vegans contribute to the deaths of animals by their use of
> >>>>>> wood and paper products, electricity, roads and all types of
> >>>>>> buildings, their own diet, etc... just as everyone else does.

>
> >>>>> Which gives her absolutely no reason why she shouldn't go vegetarian.