Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Lasagna mess!

Evelyn > wrote:
: On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 22:05:38 -0600, BlueBrooke
: >
: >It was already in the oven before I saw this, but it's all good. It
: >came out awesome -- even with the eggs, which I almost didn't use.
: >
: >This is definitely going to be on Sweetie's "home-cooked meal" list.
: >:-)

: The eggs make ALL the difference. They cause the ricotta cheese to
: firm up during the baking process. Otherwise you just end up with
: mush. I tried it without once when I was out of eggs, and the cheese
: separated and got a bit watery. It wasn't inedible or anything like
: that, but it just wasn't as nice a dish.

: Evelyn

So essentially you are making a custard, rather like the Sicilian
cheesecake I "diabeticized" to coin a work, some years ago. Mostly
ricotta sweetener, eggs, and orange (lots of rind) for flavoring. I must
dig up my old recipe and I will post it if i find it.

Wendy