Posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic
Trawley Trash Trawley Trash is offline

Default weird croissants?

On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 04:47:21 -0800 (PST)
A Moose in Love > wrote:

> The other day, i broke down and had some carbs; a croissant. As
> expected, BG after one hour was 10.4, after two hours 8.8, and after 4
> hours 4.7??? I've never, since I've had diabetes have had a blood
> glucose reading this low. The day before, similar readings with the
> low being 5.4.

As someone else has pointed out that amounts to 84 mg/dL. That is
a very good value.

Type IIs often have a reactive phase after eating carbs. Kind of
like an underdamped suspension in a car. BG rises fast, falls below
baseline and then rises slowly to some steady-state value. I have
seen this in my own readings, and used to be part of the standard
description of type II.