Posted to rec.food.cooking
Zz Yzx Zz Yzx is offline

Default What Is Your Most Or Least Favorite Type Of Nut?

On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 12:21:57 -0900, (Judy Haffner)
wrote:

>I like all nuts and most often buy cashews, peanuts, almonds, pecans and
>walnuts.
>
>Do you like to just eat them as is, or have special things you use them
>in? I use a lot with my baking.
>
>The only nut I really don't care for the flavor of is black walnuts, as
>are so strong, or something.
>
>Maybe some of you grow certain varieties of nuts in your yard? They
>don't do well here in Alaska, but Swede's sister use to send us fresh
>pecans from her yard, in AR. before she passed away. She even shelled
>them!
>
>Judy

Favorites: pecans, pine nuts, walnut, cashew
Least fav: brazil nuts

But to get picky many of the nuts named in this thread are not really
nuts, at least not in the strict botanical sense (as opposed to the
culinary usage):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nut_(fruit)