Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Alice Faber Alice Faber is offline

Default Are there foods you've never eaten?

In article >,
"W. Baker" > wrote:

> Tiger Lily > wrote:
> : On 2/14/2012 7:04 AM, W. Baker wrote:
> : > Tiger > wrote:
> : > : On 2/11/2012 5:14 PM, Nick Cramer wrote:
> : > :> "W. > wrote:
> : > :>> Tiger > wrote:
> : > :>> : On 2/10/2012 2:56 PM, vanillabeans18 wrote:
> : > :>> :> beef tongue, dog/kangaroo/lizard/snake/horse/rabbit meat, any
> : > :>> :> kind of
> : > :>> :> bugs
> : > :>
> : > :>> : aspic beef tongue sandwiches are really nice and flavourful
> : > :>>
> : > :>> How about just sliced tongue on good rye bread with mustard! Now
> : > :>> there
> : > :>> is a treat.
> : > :>
> : > :> With some thin-sliced red onion! Dill pickle on the side. ;-P
> : > :>
> : >
> : > : forgot........ it HAS to be Dijon mustard!
> : >
> : > Nope, not here. You want a good strong brown deli mustard with this
> : > combo. I could skip the onions on a tongue sandwich and no lettuce! I
> : > like the lettuce on the sice for these kinds of mefty meat sandwiches.
> : >
> : > Wendy
>
> : hmm, the Dijon i buy is a dark yellow with lots of dark brown spots in
> : it from the seeds
>
> : now i have to find deli mustard! never seen it before (that i'm aware of)
>
> : is this a Kosher specialty? or is it available in a generic grocery
> : store (locally, Safeway or whatever grocery store will cater to the
> : local population's tastes, so i just drive to a different store when
> : looking for xxx type of food)
>
> : kate
>
> I have no idea if it is available in your neck of the woods. Itis all
> over my area in many brrands, some kosher and dome not, but it is the
> mustard of the old kosher delis and it the desired one for all those gret
> dJewish deli meats like corned bef, pastrami, tongue and even kosher nice
> a garlicky slalami and, of course, frankfurters(with or without buns)
> My favorite brands are Batampte and Hebre Nationsl(both kosher), but i
> have seen deli musard in A&P in their America's Choice brand. sometime
> they add horseradish to the mustard, but the ones I ike are ust pure
> mustard!

There's a Nathan's (as in Coney Island hot dogs) brand that's pretty
comparable; well, it seems to have fewer additives. I'll have to check
out the Batampte when I use up my current jar.

--
"Isn't embarrassing to quote something you didn't read and then attack
what it didn't say?"--WG, where else but Usenet