Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Are there foods you've never eaten?

Tiger Lily > wrote:
: On 2/14/2012 7:04 AM, W. Baker wrote:
: > Tiger > wrote:
: > : On 2/11/2012 5:14 PM, Nick Cramer wrote:
: > :> "W. > wrote:
: > :>> Tiger > wrote:
: > :>> : On 2/10/2012 2:56 PM, vanillabeans18 wrote:
: > :>> :> beef tongue, dog/kangaroo/lizard/snake/horse/rabbit meat, any kind of
: > :>> :> bugs
: > :>
: > :>> : aspic beef tongue sandwiches are really nice and flavourful
: > :>>
: > :>> How about just sliced tongue on good rye bread with mustard! Now there
: > :>> is a treat.
: > :>
: > :> With some thin-sliced red onion! Dill pickle on the side. ;-P
: > :>
: >
: > : forgot........ it HAS to be Dijon mustard!
: >
: > Nope, not here. You want a good strong brown deli mustard with this
: > combo. I could skip the onions on a tongue sandwich and no lettuce! I
: > like the lettuce on the sice for these kinds of mefty meat sandwiches.
: >
: > Wendy

: hmm, the Dijon i buy is a dark yellow with lots of dark brown spots in
: it from the seeds

: now i have to find deli mustard! never seen it before (that i'm aware of)

: is this a Kosher specialty? or is it available in a generic grocery
: store (locally, Safeway or whatever grocery store will cater to the
: local population's tastes, so i just drive to a different store when
: looking for xxx type of food)

: kate

I have no idea if it is available in your neck of the woods. Itis all
over my area in many brrands, some kosher and dome not, but it is the
mustard of the old kosher delis and it the desired one for all those gret
dJewish deli meats like corned bef, pastrami, tongue and even kosher nice
a garlicky slalami and, of course, frankfurters(with or without buns)
My favorite brands are Batampte and Hebre Nationsl(both kosher), but i
have seen deli musard in A&P in their America's Choice brand. sometime
they add horseradish to the mustard, but the ones I ike are ust pure
mustard!

Wendy