Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Tiger Lily Tiger Lily is offline

Default Are there foods you've never eaten?

On 2/14/2012 7:04 AM, W. Baker wrote:
> Tiger > wrote:
> : On 2/11/2012 5:14 PM, Nick Cramer wrote:
> :> "W. > wrote:
> :>> Tiger > wrote:
> :>> : On 2/10/2012 2:56 PM, vanillabeans18 wrote:
> :>> :> beef tongue, dog/kangaroo/lizard/snake/horse/rabbit meat, any kind of
> :>> :> bugs
> :>
> :>> : aspic beef tongue sandwiches are really nice and flavourful
> :>>
> :>> How about just sliced tongue on good rye bread with mustard! Now there
> :>> is a treat.
> :>
> :> With some thin-sliced red onion! Dill pickle on the side. ;-P
> :>
>
> : forgot........ it HAS to be Dijon mustard!
>
> Nope, not here. You want a good strong brown deli mustard with this
> combo. I could skip the onions on a tongue sandwich and no lettuce! I
> like the lettuce on the sice for these kinds of mefty meat sandwiches.
>
> Wendy

hmm, the Dijon i buy is a dark yellow with lots of dark brown spots in
it from the seeds

now i have to find deli mustard! never seen it before (that i'm aware of)

is this a Kosher specialty? or is it available in a generic grocery
store (locally, Safeway or whatever grocery store will cater to the
local population's tastes, so i just drive to a different store when
looking for xxx type of food)

kate