Posted to rec.food.cooking
John Kuthe[_3_] John Kuthe[_3_] is offline

Default 20 and 10 minutes on the NordicTrack, getting better!

On Feb 13, 4:05*pm, "Paul M. Cook" > wrote:
> Going hungry fools your metabolism into thinking it needs to reserve energy
> aka fat. *Snack during meals but choose low carb, high protein snacks such
> as cheese. *Eliminate all excess carbs. *Don't eat after 8:00pm. *Scales
> will only discourage you. *Belt notches are far superior guages.
>
> Paul

I'm not eliminating anything. I'm shrinking my stomach and eating
less, and exercizing! Damn weather won't let me bicycle like I'd like
to, which is why I got the NordicTrack years ago.

And yes, you are probably correct about the scale. I hate numbers,
they are too precise! Years ago I had a bicycle computer and I knew
for example that it was 10.25 miles from my front door, around Forest
park and WashU and back to my front door. Big deal! Nice, but hardly
useful. The computer thingie on my NordicTrack finally gave up the
ghost too, so I just use my digital alarm clock and guesstimate going
long on the minutes.

My personal best on the NordicTrack years ago was 20,10,10 mins plus
as long as to would take me to hit 500 cals on the stupid NordicTrack
computer. (43-44 mins total normally.) I've been doing 15,10 mins for
3 days and today I did 20,10 which I'll do for a few days before
attempting 20,10,10 mins (depending on how I feel!)

John Kuthe...