Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jerry Avins Jerry Avins is offline

Default Beef Prices

On Monday, February 13, 2012 11:58:05 AM UTC-5, Mike Muth wrote:

> I get my beef and pork from the Amish or from friends here locally.
> Prices are going up, but much less than on the commodities markets.
> Buy from local sources, whenever you can. You'll generally have lower
> prices and will often get better quality.

Unfortunately, meat at the Amish markets accessible to me costs considerably more than meat at the supermarket. The quality justifies the higher price to those not on a budget.

Jerry
--
"I view the progress of science as being the slow erosion of the
tendency to dichotomize." Barbara Smuts, U. Mich.