Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion
dh@. dh@. is offline

Default WHY VEGANISM?

On Wed, 01 Feb 2012 20:34:54 GMT, and/or www.mantra.com/jai
(Dr. Jai Maharaj) wrote:

>Denton Vegan Cooperative
>
>Why Veganism?
>
>For compassion, the environment, your health, the future.
>
>Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things,
>man will not himself find peace.

"It's ethically impermissible to consider the lives
of other creatures" - "Dutch"

"Taking moral credit for a livestock animal's very
existence is analagous to taking moral credit for the
life of a daughter you sell onto the streets." - "Dutch"

""Getting to experience life" is not a benefit to an animal"
- "Dutch"

"I decline to "consider" the lives of animals" - "Dutch"

"What am I denying that animal by refusing to give it this
"consideration" that I am failing to give?" - "Dutch"

"It is illogical and inadmissible to "consider" the lives
(existence) of livestock, or of any other creature" - "Dutch"

"WIldlife, like livestock, happen to be living creatures,
their lives per se are not relevant to this issue." - "Dutch"

"Every consumer choice promotes animals to experience
life." - Dutch

"What's important is the medium/long term implications,
that is no more animals "in bondage" to humans." - "Dutch"

"Life does not justify death" - "Dutch"

"you should become a vegan. I've been saying that to you
for years." - "Dutch"

"I am an animal rights believer." - "Dutch"