Dar V

Default Dandelion Woes...

Yikes. Got enough dandelions? That's a huge batch - I barely lasted
picking for a one gallon. Hang in there. This is the first year, I decided
not to make dandelion wine, but instead I made oregano wine. I'll make
dandelion wine again next year, after I see how my dandelion wine has aged.
I might make some changes in my recipe depending how it tastes.
Darlene
G'town Wisconsin
USA

"A.J. Rawls" > wrote in message
> Disaster :-(
>
> I racked into a 25L carboy, I decided at add 500ml of white grape
> concentrate and grabbed the wrong bottle and poured in 500ml of Wine
> Conditioner.
>
> I guess I better start picking again... This disheartening
>
> A.J.
>
> On Thu, 27 May 2004 16:53:01 -0800, A.J. Rawls >
> wrote:
>
> >Dandelions are finally in full bloom here in Anchorage... I started
> >23L using one half whole blossoms and one half petals.
> >
> >I will start anothe 23L using whole blossoms only this weekend.
> >
> >A. J. Rawls
> >Anchorage, Alaska, USA
> >
> >On Mon, 17 May 2004 09:33:10 +0200, "ed montforts"
> > wrote:
> >
> >>Yep! A zester or a potatoe peeler or a knife, as long as you leave the

zest
> >>(the white) alone. It is bitter, and you don't want that. Just take the
> >>coloured part of the skin. It contains the oil you do want. And a zester

is
> >>easy to use... Good thinking. But first wash with hot water. Sometimes a

wax