Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Pope Steve Pope is offline

Default Peanut oil appearance (never mind!)

Sqwertz > wrote:

>That list I posted shows Supremo EVOO costs less than regular olive
>oil. When I see stuff like that it makes me wonder.

>I bought their house brand tahini (probably from Atlanta One) and was
>disappointed. How can ground up sesame seeds be the consistency of a
>warm milkshake? I suspect it was watered down, possibly using a cheap
>oil.

TJ's sells a "Tahini sauce" that is nothing like normal tahini,
which should have approximately the form factor of pure peanut butter --
sticky stuff with maybe some oil separating.

I routinely put (real) tahini into yogurt, cottage cheese, or
kefir when I am snacking on same. I normally only buy a jar
when I'm planning on making babaganous, but then I use it up
for other stuff in short order.

Steve